Pasta in artichoke and saffron sauce with Tuma D’la Paja®
for 4 servings:
400 g any pasta shape you like
3/4 tender artichokes
extra virgin olive oil as required
2 cloves of garlic
1 sachet saffron
100 g Tuma D’la Paja®
frying oil as required
1. Prepare a large bowl containing water and lemon juice. Clean the artichokes: cut the celery stalk with a knife, strip the tough outer leaves from the stem, cleanly cut the tips of the artichokes, clean the base, chop but not too finely and put into the acidulated water at once.
2. In a saucepan slightly heat the extra virgin olive oil, sauté the skinned garlic and add the well drained artichokes (set some sliced artichokes aside, they’ll be needed to garnish the dish). Add a few whole parsley leaves.
3. Stir the whole, adjust to taste with salt and pepper and continue cooking for about 10/15 minutes. The artichokes result cooked but not undone. Once cooked, remove the garlic and parsley.
4. In a non-stick pan bring the oil to the right temperature to fry the artichokes (set aside after having drained them and dabbed them with kitchen paper). Cook until golden brown and crispy, lay them on kitchen paper and salt to taste.
5. Bring to boil abundant salted water in which to cook the pasta.
6. Put in a blender the cooked artichokes, the sachet of saffron, the Tuma D’la Paja® and 1 tablespoon of the pasta cooking water. Switch the blender on and blend the whole to obtain a cream of the right consistency (if it becomes too thick, add a tablespoon of the cooking water and blend again, otherwise add a little cheese).
7. Drain the pasta then return it to the pot and season with 2/3 of the dressing.
8. Serve, distribute the remainder of the dressing on each plate and garnish with the fried artichokes.
For this recipe the following have been used:
Tuma dla Paja